Recognized to Ontario Chapter for:
Other ADR Services: Facilitation, Fact Finding, Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial, Neutral Evaluation
- Practice Commenced: 2004
- Total Mediations (as of Sep 2021): 250
- Total Arbitrations (as of Sep 2021): 10
Walter T. "Wally" Langley is currently a mediator, arbitrator and facilitator with Ottawa Dispute Resolution Group Inc., and is also associated with the law firm of Sevigny Dupuis LLP, a labour and employment law firm serving Ottawa, its surrounding communities, and Eastern Ontario.
In 2004, Wally, along with the Honourable James ("Jim") Chadwick and Brian Parnega established Ottawa Dispute Resolution Group Inc. (ODRG) to further his mediation and arbitration practice, and since then he has conducted numerous mediations, arbitrations, and investigations in various different contexts, including labour and employment issues, multi-party insurance disputes, commercial matters, personal injury, and breach of contract. He brings over 45 years of labour and employment, civil, and commercial litigation experience to his role as a mediator and arbitrator.
Wally was certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada (now LSO) as a Specialist in Civil Litigation in 1990.
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Disability Claims
- Estates & Trusts
- Family Businesses
- Human Rights Act
- Personal Injury
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Bachelor of Arts, University of New Brunswick 1969
- LLB - University of New Brunswick 1971
- Called to the Bar of Ontario 1973
- Harvard Mediation Course 1998 (sponsored by the Advocates Society of Ontario)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association 1973 to present
- Law Society of Upper Canada (now LSO) 1973 to present
- Advocates Society of Ontario 1978 to present
- County of Carleton Law Association 1973 to present - Trustee from 1981-1990, and President 1988-1989
- Board of Directors Champions for Children Foundation Ottawa 1992-1997
- Board of Directors Better Business Bureau Ottawa-Hull 1973-1983, President 1982
- Board of Directors Canadian Council of BetterBusiness Bureaux 1984-1992
- Member of Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club 1976 to present, Board of Directors 1995-2001, President 1999-2001
Full day: $3,000.00 ; Half day: $1,750.00
These fees are based upon a full day mediation/settlement conference consisting of six hours and a half-day of three hours. They would include two hours of preparation for a full day conference and one and a half hours of preparation for a half-day conference, consultation and administration, along with traveling time within Regional Municipality of Ottawa-Carleton. If there are additional parties or complex issues, or multi-party cases, then the hourly rate charged in addition is $400.00 per hour.
Arbitrations/Private Trials: (within East Region)
$3,000.00 per day
Hearings outside of East Region, per diem fee to be negotiated.
Pre-Hearing Conferences & written Awards: $400.00 per hour